Steve has been working really hard on his Garden. It was supposed to just be apart of the back yard, but somehow it has become the backyard. :) I tease him about this, but he doesn't seem to think its too funny. (its true though!) Well, a third of it is corn. This is our fourth AZ crop of Corn. It has never worked out here, but he wanted to try again. and it worked!! its sweet and yummy and so enjoyable! The kids could eat it for days! we had enough to share and that was fun too. but I think its done, and so I am sad. :( So far we have recieved from our backyard farmland, 37 ears of yummy sweet corn, 17 tomatoes, 6 squashes of different variety, bitter lettuce, spinach and funny shaped cucumbers...I guess they were planted too close to the wall! but they still taste great in a salad. :) Steve is so worried about his garden next week, when we go to Cali. Hopefully our 'assistant gardner' will be able to keep it up. :) wish him luck!!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Results!!
Steve has been working really hard on his Garden. It was supposed to just be apart of the back yard, but somehow it has become the backyard. :) I tease him about this, but he doesn't seem to think its too funny. (its true though!) Well, a third of it is corn. This is our fourth AZ crop of Corn. It has never worked out here, but he wanted to try again. and it worked!! its sweet and yummy and so enjoyable! The kids could eat it for days! we had enough to share and that was fun too. but I think its done, and so I am sad. :( So far we have recieved from our backyard farmland, 37 ears of yummy sweet corn, 17 tomatoes, 6 squashes of different variety, bitter lettuce, spinach and funny shaped cucumbers...I guess they were planted too close to the wall! but they still taste great in a salad. :) Steve is so worried about his garden next week, when we go to Cali. Hopefully our 'assistant gardner' will be able to keep it up. :) wish him luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
oooh i want to plant a garden-- i have been told that veggies DO grow here in AZ, but until now I have been skeptical... ;)
Post a Comment