Thursday, July 17, 2008

Don't upset a pregnant lady in 108 degrees weather

So today we were at the post office and it was crowded and we were waiting in the small hot little place for what felt like forever. I was corralling my kids and bribing them with Icees "if only" When Jimmy, who can try my patience to say the least, Gives me a big squeeze and says, "I wanna give KatieJo and big hug!" (AWwwww) So I squeeze him back and tell him its from her until she comes out, he then reminds me that it will only be 3 more months, and he can't wait! Well the innocent lady standing in front of us, ( who only heard the conversation, but didn't actually see him hug me) then turns around with a beautiful smile, looks me up and down and says, "Oh! I thought you were the one who was pregnant." No I'm just the fat one with swollen feet, clothes that don't fit anymore and a nasty craving for ice cream and pickles! (Okay, I didn't really say it, But it was in my head!) I weakly said I was, she looked me up and down again and said "oh, how nice." not quite sure she believed me, but after another 10 awkward minutes in the indoor oven, the kids got their Icees, and I went home and had a big bowl of slow churned no sugar added chocolate cherry chunk and I toasted the lady from the post office with a clausen pickle on the side! UGH.

2 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

What a freakin ___________! I get looks all the time and I could just spit. Yes, he's 15 months now, no there's not another one in the oven! I would've lost it I'm sure. You're my hero for handling it well.

Mendoza's said...

I'm so happy for you! (being pregnant, not being in the 108 degree weather) I'm due with a boy next month and I think I was crazy to do this in a Texas summer. I ask Leslee about you guys all the time, glad to see you online and we can keep in touch!