Friday, July 25, 2008

A Tough Day

This past week I had a pretty hard day. Probably the hardest since my mom past away.
Wednesday, the 23rd was the 2 month anniversary of her death and my Grandmothers birthday. I miss them both so much. They had such an influence in my life. Both of them were so strong in their own way. My grandmother had the will and courage of the pioneers in her, a thirst for knowledge and a stubborn streak that was unbelievable. The world would probably not call my mom strong, and in many ways, they would be right. But this woman, who raised three children on her own, as a single parent, went through so much, in childhood and adulthood, and She survived. She lived through the pain of her life and gave to us, love and a desire to be better people. She was a good woman, she was a good Grandma, and she was my Mom. I miss her.
I miss them both.

2 comments:

Craziest Cottrell said...

that is so sweet. I wish there was something I could do for you. I love you.

inkyfamily said...

Thank you for sharing that. Your mom was such a sweet lady! I'm sure your grandma was too! No wonder I think you rock!!! Love you!