Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lizzie Soup!

We read a book called Duck Soup. its a fun book about this duck who loves to make soup, he puts this and that in it and creates amazing smells and flavors. This weekend Lizzie wanted to make her own Duck Soup. We went to the grocery store and she picked out a carrot, green onions, a yellow onion, a bell pepper, parsley,can of corn and tomato soup. she said the rest of the soup was at home somewhere, she'd find it in the spices, and things on the shelf. Well I was abit nervous and was deciding what we could do with the "soup" once it was created. But Honestly it was lovely, really! it was tangy with a bit of sweetness. I actually ate my whole bowl and Lizzie had two! She wanted to share with Sister Taunima, her biggest fan so off we went in 110 degree weather to share her "duck Soup" made with Love. And I cant wait for the next pot of Love

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, next bring more than a bowl...I was in the middle of making dinner when in walks Lizzie with her yummy smelling soup, I tasted it and it was delish..so I left it there to cool off a bit while I finished cooking my dinner and to turn off the stove, I turned around and there was Nani, Leka, Sam and Simon fighting over who was going to finish the last drop....that's how scrumptious it was....not too bad CHEF Lizzie....you should write this down to create a recipe book...I know Nani wants your recipe...

btw....i am your biggest fan...lizziepooh!! we love you!!!

Janet + Craig said...

that's just awesome! Jennifer is afraid of cooking. Well, the heat part of any of it. Major chicken... we're working on it. I'm just happen when they set the table and clear it to be honest.

krista said...

You have a cook too! OK, I am really getting jealous here. Your kids do laundry, mow the lawn, cook dinner, can you come and inspire mine?

Unknown said...

That's so fun!