Saturday, August 28, 2010
Bunk Beds
Problem #1 In our new home we discovered something odd, even though the house is the same layout as the other, the bedrooms were smaller. Problem #2 the boys old beat up beds didnt fit anymore. Problem #3 I found it hard to find bunkbeds strong enough to hold my kids for any real frame of time in my budget. Solution? Uncle Mikey! Now if you know Uncle Mikey at all you know he cant just build a bunk bed. He has to create! design! and reinvent. He is Mikey after all. which leads us to the pictures and as you can plainly see, a giant knickknack tower with floating beds. Each side has their own book shelves and cubby for personals, a light, and fan. Below Jimmy's is a desk strong enough to hold a guest ( or rough housing). Under Stevie's is the hang out area that is wired for future uses and bean bags. The mean Mom that I am nixed the zip line and the drop down slide beds that was in the original plans... what can I say. Even though it completely opens up the floor space (they now can shoot hoops with the basketball hoop above the laundry basket!) its so huge I can't even fit it all in the picture! Painting starts on monday. The boys love it and Lizzie can't wait for hers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I need to come see this in person.
Wow! Is this his profession or just his hobby?
Ooo,ooo, me, me! I want one! Seriousley, he needs to go into business, that is sooooo awesome!
I love the pic where Mikey and Steve are just looking at each other! Cracking me up!!!!
im so jealous...like you i have been trying to find bunk beds for my big tongan boys and something that would last and sturdy...you are sooooo lucky to have uncle mikey....i wonder if he can give me a discount...
Please put Uncle Mikey in the replicator and send one our way!!!!
Can't wait to see the beds in person!
Post a Comment