Sunday, July 15, 2012

Girls Camp!!

This was Lizzie's first year at Camp.  I have a strong testimony and love of Girls Camp.  I never had the opportunity to go as a girl, because I joined the church when I was 18. But I was blessed with being able to go as a 1st year nest leader for 13 years straight and 1 yr as a JC leader. I loved every minute of it.  The experiences I had a Camp literally formed my testimony, helped me become the woman I am today and filled my life with so many incredible memories.  I wanted this for Liz.  This year, our Stake participated in the 'trek' where the youth for 4 days pull handcarts and work as the pioneers did of the past.  It only happens every 4 yrs so each youth has the opportunity to complete at least one trek during their youth.  So because of the Trek the girls had the opportunity to have a more 'relaxed' Camp.  It became known as 'Glam Camp or Glamp!"  and thats pretty acurate from the pictures I have seen.  They stayed in a fancy resort home with 9 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, of one of our ward members family. slept in real beds, had make-overs, ate real food, went horseback ridng, swimming and a sweet little hike.  yep, it was pretty rough for her first year!  :) But the best part of all is she had a great time! and I am so happy for her!  Hopefully the girls and leaders got a real chance to see the Amazing Lizzie that we love and adore so much here at home.  :)  I am so grateful that she had a great experience.  :)
My beautiful Baby Leaving for Camp!

Modesty Tissue paper dresses

Guess What?  Horse Butt!

Priesthood leaders showin how its done!

Home Again!

No comments: