I love Holidays and it seems lately I have let life get in the way of fun! How can that be?! So I found this idea online (love stalking other blogs!) and I thought that it sounded way too fun to let it go. and it was! I thought about fun food my kids would eat, and then I created silly valentine names for them. I gave the kids the menus with the silly names and let them write down their 'order'. then of to the kitchen i went to fill the orders. the fun thing was they were also ordering utensils as well! So Lizzie's first course was melted hearts, big balls of love, and puppy love. (pink pudding, meatballs, and hot dog) she didnt order the spoon so she had to figure out another way to eat. Poor daddy, who came home really hungry ordered for his first course, cupids catch, heart breaker and snuggly. he got chicken on a stick, knife and napkin. In the end everyone ended up with everything, just in different combinations. It was fun and they had a blast. I am so gonna do this again and not wait for a holiday next time!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Mystery Valentine Dinner
I love Holidays and it seems lately I have let life get in the way of fun! How can that be?! So I found this idea online (love stalking other blogs!) and I thought that it sounded way too fun to let it go. and it was! I thought about fun food my kids would eat, and then I created silly valentine names for them. I gave the kids the menus with the silly names and let them write down their 'order'. then of to the kitchen i went to fill the orders. the fun thing was they were also ordering utensils as well! So Lizzie's first course was melted hearts, big balls of love, and puppy love. (pink pudding, meatballs, and hot dog) she didnt order the spoon so she had to figure out another way to eat. Poor daddy, who came home really hungry ordered for his first course, cupids catch, heart breaker and snuggly. he got chicken on a stick, knife and napkin. In the end everyone ended up with everything, just in different combinations. It was fun and they had a blast. I am so gonna do this again and not wait for a holiday next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are so fun!
Can I borrow some of your coolness?
This sounds like so much fun! What a great idea.
Post a Comment