Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our New Motto

So a long while ago, I saw this really cool idea in Family Fun magazine about creating a family Motto. I thought it was a great idea, but couldn't figure one out for us. It should be something you want to achieve or become or be as a family. Every time its appropriate, you bring it up with the kids, Like when they are grumbling about chores or fighting over the computer time. 'remember, the Jones' are joyous!' So I finally found the one that would work for us. I went through a ton and kept tryin them out but nothin fit, then one day when we were trying to 'teach a lesson' to the boys about doing what was right, Daddy said "Remember Boys, the Roberts do what's Right." "perfect!!!!" I shouted from downstairs Thats it!! We have had issues lately with, lets say, making wrong choices, and so this was what we needed when we needed it. Your Motto can change with your needs as well. You kind of create a business plan, motto for your family and hang it up somewhere where everyone can see it and review every once in a while, (Quick easy lesson for FHE hehe). Steve has played with it as well when helping the boys with learning the chores, the 'Roberts do it Right', (the first time) Its getting better and better!

4 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

Oh I just love that! And it sounds perfect...

I think ours would take a lot of wall space and have lots to do with patience, no whining, no yelling, no hitting, no pulling hair, no talking back, no rolling eyes, no leaving a mess in every room you walking onto, never willingly helping mother... you know... the typical list! Lots of No's there... maybe some do's...

Craziest Cottrell said...

That is a fabulous idea! I think I will steal your motto. Kidding. The Cottrell motto would be, "Keep your hands to yourself" or "Get away from there" or "Cottrell's don't do Karate on each other!" The last one seems to be the most common lately. I wonder if real Karate would help us.

Janet + Craig said...

Ok now... How am I supposed to feel better about myself and wish I was living someone else's perfect life if you don't update your blog and tell me about it? Sure, you're pregnant, sure, you've got three kids in school but what have you done for me lately?????

Totally kidding. Love you.

Janet + Craig said...

SO???? Did you get it set up to email you comments?