She was a single Mom who did the very best she could. She loved me so much and gave all she had to me and for me. For her children, she had complete and unconditional love. She hurt when I hurt and she cried when I cried. She laughed at all my stupid jokes and sometimes at me as well. She thought I was special and perfect and amazing. I always knew that she saw beauty and love when she looked at me. The only thing better then me, was my children. I was her whole world until they came along. She would and did anything and everything for them. She never had an easy life, it was a rough road for her the whole way. Our childhood was far from perfect, But as a child, I never wanted for anything. My Mother, was not a beauty queen or rich. She wasn't articulate or quick on her feet. She was an honest simple woman, who was an artist in her own right, but didn't have the courage to pursue it. She was a loving kind loyal person, Who loved her children more then her own life. She considered us, Gifts from God and she unworthy to hold. She was so worthy. I am so grateful for her and the lessons she has taught me, and the person she helped me to become. I loved her dearly and I miss her painfully right now. I am grateful that my brother and I were able to care for her in the end, to hold her and to love her and to let her feel of our love for her. I am thankful that Elizabeth and Stevie and Jimmy were able to have her in their lives this short time. And we will help KatieJo Marie to know her as well.
Mom I love you.





6 comments:
My dear friend, my heart aches for you! It's been quite emotional around here, too. I let my children write their feelings to their dad on our blog and when I read it, it just broke my heart even more...the feelings you have and hold for someone who was such a great deal in your life, it's unexplainable..I can only say that it's painful and it hurts, but, knowing of what we know and have been taught, it does give us hope and something to look forward to, it certainly gives me that energy to get up each morning and strive and not only for my kids but for that blessing we've been taught! I love you, my friend, especially today and this day in memory of your mom.
Your mom sure did an awesome job raising you and helping you become the sweet person that you are today! The loss of a parent is something you never get over. I, fortunately, have not gone through it yet, but I cry just thinking about losing my mom. Moms are so special, and no one can ever replace them. I know that your mom is still right by your side whenever you need her, comforting you, cheering you on, and enjoying you from a perspective that we can't imagine yet. I know that the day will be glorious when you see her again! I know nothing makes up for it in this life, but we need these experiences to bring us closer to Christ, and learn to count on Him, and help us appreciate the blessings he has given us. I mean, what would we do without the knowledge of eternal families? I hope that you will find more and more comfort as the days go on, and that your heart will be a little less broken today. You are very loved!
What a beautiful tribute to your mom! I hope I am missed as bad, remembered as well, and loved as much. She sure raised a wonderful daughter!
It must be hard having one less person on the earth that loves you that way, you know what I mean?
You described her so tenderly. I'm sorry you are missing her so bad.
I once read a quote that said, " I consider myself lucky to have people in my life that are hard to say goodbye to". It means you loved and were loved. But love hurts sometimes when it's not tangible anymore, doesn't it? I love you, hang in there.
Love,
Erin
Makes me cry. Those pictures are exactly how I remember her. They bring her so close. She is a special lady and I know she is still so proud of you. You are an awesome person and we are so blessed to have you in our hearts and family.
A beautiful tribute to your mom. What a blessing you were to her too, especially in her last months on earth. She raised a kind, patient, fun, caring daughter. (just to mention a few!) I can't imagine what you are going through.
Post a Comment