Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

So today is mothers' day and I soaked it for it for all its worth baby. "whats for breakfast? Oh look the dishwasher is full. " " hey, is that the remote?" " my feet are so sore today". Okay, I might have pushed it too far on that one, but you can't blame a girl for tryin! I got some gifts too. Not the usual handmade or dollar store trinkets for me sister! The kids were so excited one day last week when they ninja-like entered the house giggling with delight as they ran for the stairs. Seems our sweet neighbors were having a yard sale and they had found the perfect gifts for me. "your not gonna believe it Mom, it only cost 2 dollars! ...I miss my homemade treasures.


Gift, with the change attached.
These were the wonderful handmade recipe card holders they made in Primary and the Pin from our Bishop, He has one to go with his talk, every year. I truly cherish these.
Now, if I can only figure out where to put my 2 dollar lamp.


Oh, and I'm now out of wrapping paper.



4 comments:

Lauren said...

haha... that was a funny post.
Your love lights up their life, so the lamp works right? It's symbolic! :) Too bad every day isn't mother's day... that dishwasher and breakfast like could really come in handy...

Janet + Craig said...

Dude! Nothing says I love you more than a lopsided hand me down piece of ^*&&^*)&^ lamp! I'm jealous.

Mendoza's said...

i love the wrapped lamp...too cute!

krista said...

Way to funny! I'm still laughing.