Sunday, June 28, 2009

Great Big Owwie and an amazing growing baby
















The 25th of this month was a busy day. Katie Jo Turned 8 months old and Jojo is now eating 'real people' food and scooting around in her walker. I finally had my Knee surgery on this day as well. I have spent a lot of time trying to avoid the surgery ever since I hurt the knee way back in Feb. But after some close calls and another fall, I had to give the Doc the okay. It was hard to 'find the time' with 4 kids and well, just life in general, but I had to do it. It truly is amazing, just 3 holes and they gave me a brand new ACL and worked on the minicus. It hurt like heck for 2 days and my kids might have learned a new word or two, but today I am trying to walk around a bit more. I am so thankful to My Heavenly Father for the Doctors and their knowledge. Its such a blessing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do something to help ya.....but, am glad you finally decided to have the surgery....even though you didn't tell me ;]....in the words of Nacho Libre "dake it easy"....hope Lani's enchillada casserole didn't get anyone sick?!^=^..we love you, roberts!!

Janet + Craig said...

I feel your pain girl! I'm thinking about you and hoping you recover well. Much love and hugs your way! J

krista said...

I hope you heal quickly and that the pain goes away soon. At least you have an excuse to stay inside the nice air conditioning and away from the heat!

Janet + Craig said...

how'd ya like getting fitted for that nifty little knee brace your sporting? when I was fitted, prior to my exact same surgery - copy cat, just had to be cool like me huh - the guy was so cute, very athletic, friendly, and there was my jiggly, wide, pasty, thigh, he had to get a bigger one from some other area, yah, it sucked! love ya! you will be able to kneel and walk again, promise! (running has not returned - darn huh?)

Craziest Cottrell said...

I am so glad that you had it done. I was worried about you everyday that I forced you to walk all around Arizona! Now when we come back I won't be worried about you being in pain anymore. I love you. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Been there - done that on right knee. Total replacement of left knee. Worked for me and it will work for you.
Love to all,

Aunt Betty