Friday, December 12, 2008

Is it gonna happen this year or not?


So as I am cleaning up my piles of lists, cards, pictures and messed up envelopes from my yearly endever to send our christmas love out to all who are near and dear, I am singing along to my favorite christmas CD. I have already scolded myself for waiting so long to do this. I mean here it is, the middle of December and I am just now sending my cards. Its one of my favorite things about the christmas season. I just love getting the mail in December. Opening the box and seeing all the colored envelopes filled with love and holiday wishes. I read every card and then I hang them up for all to see, and pictures? well that is heaven. But as the last lingering note of Silent Night is still dangling from my lips, I realize I have not gotten a single card yet. Not one picture, not one little note. So now I am wondering, is everyone running late like me? Is it Money? Is it just not fashionable anymore? Or has life jumped out at you, and it's just not gonna happen this year. ( that was me last year) I took the cute picture, (See?) I tried to work on the letter, I even bought the stamps, but getting it all together, just didn't work out last year. I felt so guilty with each pretty card that arrived. So I guess as I sit here in the quiet night I am asking. How is your christmas card writing going this year?

5 comments:

IandS said...

I just delivered a card today (Friday morning). It should be stuck in your front door. Go look. Am I the first? Am I? Am I? Am I?

Lauren said...

If you email me your address I will send you one! :)

Anonymous said...

...well you see...it was just january and now all of a sudden it's december and according to the only one who BELIEVEs anymore(Leka)..and after counting the calendar...HE reminded us this morning during scripture that there's 12 days left til christmas...yikes!!???!!!...hhmmppphhhh...and you see the weather is like weird so the "feel" of christmas is so not in the air.....$$$ along with this$$$....can we just skip the whole thing???...:(...not that I feel like bahhumbug or anything.............

inkyfamily said...

Hey you can go onto scrapblog.com and create a online card to email.? That may be the only way someone ever gets one from me. If not, I still love this picture!

familyofsix said...

I'm mailing myy cards on Mon. Keep your eye out for one! Love ya...