So you have to ask yourself, How safe is a kid built wooden teeter-totter in the backyard. Okay not that safe, but in my defense, they were happy, playing on their own and out of my hair. Aah! I mean they were enjoying the great outdoors. Outdoor! sure we had a few injuries. a few splinters or bruised shins from the build, but really whats the big deal? I plucked it out, or gave them a boo boo bag. Okay this is the big deal. Lizzie broke her arm that day. And as if you weren't already questioning my mommy licence, I didn't have her arm xrayed until Wednesday, where we discovered it was indeed broken. (Notice how happy she is, the little bugger), again I have a defense! it never swelled or bruised, She even used it, she just kinda favored it. Bad Mommy Bad bad Mommy. But hey! Its just the beginning of the year, I'm sure I won't hold the record all year...will I?
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
HOLY CRAP!!!
That's just... well, to be honest I'm laughing my butt off but feeling bad since your daughter is in a cast but she was so happy I know she didn't feel too bad.
I will be filing that "don't do what Sue did and let the kids build a Teeter-Tooter" away for a later date.
Please tell Lizzie that we hope her arm heals quickly.
HUGS!
tee hee...remember my child whom I didn't take in until a month later when he couldn't no longer use the hand to write and sobbing when one child accidentally touched him??? you can't take the bad mommy trophy..that belongs to me...cast was put on suppose to be on for 8weeks...Soni wore the cast for about 3weeks and decided to take it off himself........top that one!;-D.....
Poor Lizzie Pooh...hope she's ok..let me know if we can help ya....keep the baby powder near for the dang itch problem inside the cast.....oh and the shower thing....we used 5 grocery bags just incase water gets inside the dang cast...
Post a Comment