Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Your Opinion has been requested.

Okay friends family and anyone lurking.
The same month we found out my mom was so sick, we found out we were pregnant. I wanted to name my baby after her. Her name was Joan. She hated it, when I was younger, she went by Jo, Joanie by one close friend, and Jomama. As she became a Grandma she was known by all as Grandma Jo. This was her favorite name. Steve has always loved the name Katie/Catie, so we thought to combine them to create KatieJo.
Here is my delima, as my due date is approaching quickly, we have started to have debates on the spelling of this special name, so I am enlisting your help.
Here are the choices
1. KatieJo
2.CatieJo
3.Katie-Jo
4.Katiejo

Seems silly maybe, But I am 9 months pregnant so humor me!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl hey!!!

Its your favorite Hombre again!!!!

I think you should name her, i dont know, Iwalani!!!

IM KIDDING!!!

Im digging Katie Jo!!!! Just like that!!!! I mean after all she is my neice, right?!?!?!

RIGHT!!!!

ALRIGHT!!!!

LATERz!!!!!

(BIG HUG, little hug, BIG KISS, little kis)

Craziest Cottrell said...

Katie Jo gets my vote. With a space even though it would be the first name. Spaces are okay. And it looks like it sounds. No confusion there.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others. Katie Jo. And I hope I didn't offend you about taking my kids name. When Stevie announced it in primary Katie Jo vs/ Kaylee Jo sounded the same, ya know? Honestly, if you had named her Kaylee, I'd be fine with that too! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

...dilema solved...Katie-Jo...for this reason...this baby is certainly a great blessing in so many ways...you know....differentiating 'Jo' with a hyphen gives it that special meaning...I know..I am way observant with things like that....heck..I have 7 kids;D...give me a holler if you have any questions...love ya!

Zona Bosted said...

I like Katie Jo. Of course what every you decide will be beautiful.

ARobben said...

Ok, if my vote counts I am in for KatieJo. No space just as you have written it from the beginning. In my ever so humble opinion people may think if you put a space that her middle name is Jo.

Chasey Family said...

That's a tough one! I think I like Katie Jo the best!

Janet + Craig said...

I've read this post a bunch of times and keep thinking I've piped up... cuz you know I've always got an opinion, right?!?!

I like KatieJo.

All together but the J capitalized. Other wise I think she'll always have the Jo put as her middle name and she'll have lots of explaining to do over her lifetime.

Now, if it's not like that when you decide, I'll know what you truly think of my opinion... no pressure though!

Anonymous said...

....ok...I've told you, dilema solved...here's my other reason for Katie-Jo...(can you tell I'm a Psych major?;)....If you're thinking that you will add a middle name than using the hyphen between Katie and Jo will tie Jo to her first name, hence a first name of Katie-Jo and people(if they're smart)will look at her name and automatically call her Katie-Jo whereas if just written as KatieJo, people will always be constantly asking you whether or not Jo is her middle name....you could also give her middle name as Esme....like Katie-Jo Esme Roberts...now thats a fancy name!@!!!:D.....now...relax mama...you're about to have a baby in just days...her name shall be....Katie-Jo Esme Roberts....now, if you're not a Twilighter, than I suggest you catch up because the movie comes out in just 7weeks :D....love ya!
from your co-primary teacher!!!

Gilbert Family said...

SUE!!! I cant believe I found your blog!!! Your family is so beautiful! congrats! they are getting so big! where does the time go? no idea. :) congrats on the baby girl. i cant wait to see her! I was Stacy Jo when i was little so I like Katie Jo. I dont know if you heard, but Bonnie Duffy passed away. You probably know that. Lauren Hutchins (Hedrix) just moved to Goodyear AZ. love you!!!

Smith Family said...

My vote is Katie Jo! You need a name easy for a kid to spell and pronounce. I think the Katiejo one looks like it's pronounced kay-tee-ay-ho. Ant the "C" one to me looks like Cat-tee-jo. So my vote is Katie Jo!

Brenda said...

I LOVE the name Katie Jo...however you decide to spell it! I just can't wait to get to hold her and rock her and see her cute little face! Glad you found me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I am a voice from the past. Do you remember your Friends, Aunt Betty and Uncle Billy?
I vote for Katie Jo.
I enjoyed a recent visit from Michael and to see pictures of you and your Family. I am sorry you lost your Mom. She was a special person.
Love You, Aunt Betty

Anonymous said...

I like Katie Jo. If needs be make Jo her middle name but use it all the time. but let me know what you decide, I almost embroidered that blanket Wrong!:)