Yes folks, it actually rains here occasionally. Usually our rain comes in monsoon form during july/august right in the middle of the heat wave. Its a bit weird to have rain in 105degree weather, but again its the desert people. Well today, in the beginning of Nov, the wind started to pick up and all of a sudden the skies darkened and wallah! we have rain!! real rain. Big hard drops with real force as they hit the dry cracking ground. Soon the hail followed. The kids call it snow...what do you expect, they live in the desert!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I almost completely missed the excitement, I decided I deserve naptime, but was awaken to the laughter and screaming that there's rocks falling from the sky as my sweet Leka calls it. Tane and Leka decided to check it out but than by the time they got their coats on and shoes, the falling rocks subsided :(.....
Coats and shoes? Your so proper! you need to be more rednecks like my wild childs!
:) Wow! You guys really did get rain! We got some fat drops (not little ones like in Cali) but not enough that the whole ground was wet... I went outside and it was nice and warm too-- I thought I was in Hawaii! (Unfortunately, I am not...) But you definitely got more rain than us on this side of the valley. Did you get thunder too?
that's crazy! Good times though! Love it!
Are you sure you have a newborn around there, you're blogging a lot lately! I love it and am really happy to see all the updates (don't stop!!) but it surprises me.
Heeeeyyyy poohpals....I only said coats and shoes to make it look like they have such items...what I really meant their longsleeve shirts and slippas.:)
Post a Comment