
As my last post posted, I saw the date. I can't believe its been 8 years since that day. I know we will never forget, how can we? I remember everything of that day. Steve was at work at the airport in SanFrancisco. I was home with Stevie, who was only 7 months old and Elizabeth barely 2. I was watching the news and the pictures started to pour in, when the first plane hit, it just wasn't real, I don't think anyone thought it was real. It just was some horrible accident, and as they spoke of the details the second one hit just as fast. I sat on the floor and just stared. what was happening just didn't make sense. I called steve, he told me they were in lock down but didn't know why. I told him everything I was seeing and he told the men around him, everyone was now calling their families. We only knew that one of the planes was headed for San Francisco. His phone was cut off soon after. I called my best friend and woke her and her family up. We cried on the phone together. Steve was released 3 hours later, as soon as all the planes were grounded and nothing was left in the air. I remember sitting on the floor that morning holding my babies, and thanking my Father in Heaven for my blessings of my safe family. and I prayed for those were not together. As I think we all did, I prayed for those who were in those buildings and their families waiting. To this day I am still ever grateful that we live in this Country, that we have the freedoms we do, and the blessings of this life. Today I am especially reminded of this.
8 years is a long time, but not too long to forget.



1 comment:
...oh..you have my favorite song...how do I get that on my blog???...
I remember that day exactly, I just woke up and Taniela left for work already, we were in Salt Lake City, UT and as I turned the tv on the first plane had just flew into the first tower and all the chaos...I stood there in shock...I had to get Iwalani and Danny to school but as I walked with Soni and Tane the second plane flew into the 2nd tower...I just stood there in shock with tears just thinking of those people and seeing the extremes of people jumping out of the building...I tried calling my families here in Arizona but the phone lines were busy....Taniela finally came home and when they heard and so the company let everyone go home to be with their families because it was a terrorist attack....I remember him coming home that morning and I was still sitting there and we both went to pick up the 2 from school and we just all hovered around the tv as if we were waiting for a sign that it was the end of the world! I am thankful for everything that I have and so grateful for this great land of freedom that we have!
Post a Comment