The thought of being in a picture all by myself, not hidden behind the nearest kid, is not my idea of a good time. But for the sake of my children and recording a special moment, I have always taken a picture of myself on the due date, or on our way to the hospital. Elizabeth was 2 weeks late, so hers was on the due date. Stevie was 5 weeks early so his was in a rush, in labor, at 5 centimeters and a lot of pain. Jimmy, was a week early, but I thought my water had broken, so off we went!. Yesterday was my Dr. appointment for KatieJo. I haven't been feeling well the last few days and she wasn't moving as much, and well I just thought, so I packed a bag, took a picture by myself, and off I went. Let me just say right now that everything is fine, I am still pregnant and she is great, but it got scary there for a couple of hours. At the Dr. office, it took a bit to find her heart beat, when he did it was slow, and with her slower movement this last couple of days, it was not a good combo. My very direct Dr. was not mixing words. I was grateful when they did find the heart beat and so I breathed a sigh of relief and
Me- no worries now right?
Doc - Oh you need to worry.
Me - What?
Doc - Your going to the hospital now, no stopping, now.
Me - What?
Doc - I'm calling, your driving, goodbye.
Me - What?
I am of course grabbing my bag, and waddling out the door by this point. Poor Steve. While enjoying his quiet lunch at work, he gets my very calm and in control phone call. He of course puts the milk in his locker and his notebook in the fridge and off he goes to meet me at the hospital. He made it just as they were hooking us up to the monitors. instantly we hear an amazingly strong and loud heartbeat, and some real movements. 1/2 hour later I am in the sonogram room to check fluid and placenta. everything is great.
So what happened? No clue. Maybe the doc picked up my heartbeat, maybe the adrinaline serge 'woke her up' who knows. everything is fine and we are good. Just another blessing in my life. We are truly blessed with this baby and all she will bring to our family.
I guess this means I will have to take another picture when its actually time, Just swell.
But I will remember the make up next time thats for sure!!



4 comments:
Aw Sue, you look great. Glad everything is ok. Now I don't want to see you at Costco with all the kids again until after this baby appears. Call me! Give me a shopping list!!!! :)
Stacey
You little stinker, got me crying and you look so cute! I miss you like crazy. I hate pregnant pictures of myself but took ONE anyways. Glad you're still pregnant and things are OK for now. She only needs a few more weeks right? Hang in there and you'll get to hold her soon enough. Big hugs and love.
You look wonderful. I am glad that everything was ok with the baby. Will be praying for her to come soon.
...phew!! I got scared there for a minute...I am glad you are doing good but I completely know how you feel...all the uncomfortableness of it all...but just think...you're almost to the endzone and soon you will be holding little KatieJo with those huge blue eyes :)/please call me when you do go to labor(I have a thing with time..I'm a night owl)...we can take the kiddos! We love you lots!!!!
Post a Comment